[pgh-pm] meeting tomorrow?

Chris Winters chris at cwinters.com
Tue Jul 13 15:01:29 CDT 2004

On Jul 13, 2004, at 3:56 PM, Casey West wrote:
> I always get nervous when I say "look at me!", but then, that's the
> point of this open source stuff, to get people to use it.
>
> I should do that more often.

I hear that. I think the important distinction to make so you're not
annoying people is "Look at this cool stuff!" versus "Look at my cool
stuff!" Part of that is thinking about what your audience would find
interesting rather than what you find interesting. Most people don't
give two hoots about how the module was built or how it works under the
hood, just that it's easy to use and focused on what they want.

I say that having transgressed multiple times in this area :-)

Chris

--
Chris Winters
Creating enterprise-capable snack systems since 1988