[pgh-pm] That time again.

Casey West casey at geeknest.com
Mon Aug 9 14:25:24 CDT 2004

It was Sunday, August 08, 2004 when Chris Winters took the soap box, saying:
: On Aug 4, 2004, at 1:04 AM, Casey West wrote:
: >What do you think?
:
: I think it's a cool idea. IME people can be a bit... bashful about
: bringing their code and/or ideas in for review and bantering. So maybe
: we can talk about some ideas beforehand so there's not that awkward
: pause at the beginning of the meeting when someone says, "So what are
: we going to talk about?"

I want to talk about searching email. What are your thoughts on
inverted indexes, semantic search, linear searching, serializing
indexes, the list goes on... :-)

: One idea: at the last meeting Dan brought up a system he'd like to use
: at pair for notifying techs of potential problems in network services
: and allowing them to fix them and let the system know -- QUICKLY! --
: that the problem had been solved. Obviously we wouldn't be able to
: write the whole thing in an hour or two, but maybe we could hash out
: some architecture/platform/larger ideas and dig around CPAN for
: potential pieces of an implementation.

If Dan is up for that, sure!

: Of course I'm very open to other ideas as well.

Of course.

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with FidoNet
You put your foot in your mouth, then echo it internationally.