[pgh-pm] That time again.

Chris Winters chris at cwinters.com
Sun Aug 8 21:32:48 CDT 2004

On Aug 4, 2004, at 1:04 AM, Casey West wrote:
> I was thinking we could do a workshop style meeting. Workshops are a
> place to discuss works in progress. Get ideas out there, solicit
> solutions to problems, invite people to hack on code with you, and so
> on. Completely free form. Each topic will go on as long as there's
> interest. If you have something to talk about then we can create an
> ad-hoc agenda at the beginning of the meeting to make sure we get them
> all. We'll stop when people get bored and, at some point, probably
> continue at a place having food and drink.
>
> What do you think?

I think it's a cool idea. IME people can be a bit... bashful about
bringing their code and/or ideas in for review and bantering. So maybe
we can talk about some ideas beforehand so there's not that awkward
pause at the beginning of the meeting when someone says, "So what are
we going to talk about?"

One idea: at the last meeting Dan brought up a system he'd like to use
at pair for notifying techs of potential problems in network services
and allowing them to fix them and let the system know -- QUICKLY! --
that the problem had been solved. Obviously we wouldn't be able to
write the whole thing in an hour or two, but maybe we could hash out
some architecture/platform/larger ideas and dig around CPAN for
potential pieces of an implementation.

Of course I'm very open to other ideas as well.

Chris

--
Chris Winters
Creating enterprise-capable snack systems since 1988