[pgh-pm] 02.2003 Lightning Talks Call For Participation

David Hand davidhand at davidhand.com
Thu Dec 12 15:10:14 CST 2002

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 02:31:19PM -0500, Casey West wrote:
> The techincal meeting schedule for February has a little problem.  No
> speakers!  There are a bunch of us on this mailing list, I'm sure
> we're all doing something interesting with Perl that we can talk about
> for five minutes.

Hey!  What'm I?  Chopped liver?  :-)  I'm already listed on the site,
even!

> Please (PLEASE!) email me with a title of something you can talk
> about.  I'll remind you a few weeks before so you can prepare.
> Preparing five minutes is not difficult.  No slides are necessary,
> unless you really want to.

Perhaps it's time to specify beyond "Something Interesting".

Will there be a projector suitable for connecting to my powerbook?  I'm
considering demonstrating GD::SIRDS, which people might think cool.  Or
maybe I'll talk a little bit about JavaScript::Parser.  I'd *really*
like to have it on CPAN by then, which means I could give a really quick
talk on how to use it.

I could even do both (assuming JS::P is ready), if you're really pressed
for presentations.

--
David "cogent" Hand
<http://davidhand.com/> <mailto:davidhand at davidhand.com> <icq:4321282>