[pgh-pm] Welcome and a tiny Quiz

Barrie Slaymaker barries at slaysys.com
Wed Dec 4 08:54:47 CST 2002

> How would you like meetings to work?
>   - Social and Technical separate

Please :).

> What sort of things would you like to learn about at meetings?

What others are doing with Perl (and related stuff) and know well enough
to talk about.

> What sort of things would you like to talk about at meetings?

Oh, various things.  Any of my CPAN modules, and I have a few talks that
didn't make it in to the OScon review process before the Perl slots were
full last year:

   - Machine Generating Perl code
   - Managing Subprocesses with IPC::Run
   - Understanding and Using XML::SAX::Machines
   - Using tv and Test::Verbose to support a tests-first process

That last one isn't outlined at this point :).  There's also a few other
ones I want to cook up, like using StateML to specify, document,
implement, and test state machines in various languages and DBML to do
the same for database schemas.

- Barrie