[Perth-pm] Perth Perl Training and Meeting!

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Tue Mar 25 23:00:23 PDT 2014

G'day everyone,

I'm going to be heading over to fabulous Perth to run a Perl training course
from the 28th April - 2nd May. If you're curious, you can find the course
schedule (along with a complete copy of the course notes) over at:

	http://perltraining.com.au/courses/programmingperl.html

The course is open for public enrolmentĀ¹, and while it's paid registration,
I'm happy to offer a 15% discount to anyone who mentions Perth Perl Mongers
in their booking:

	http://perltraining.com.au/bookings/Perth.html

More importantly, this also means I'll be in town at the end of April, and
if you're interested I'd *love* to give a talk at Perth Perl Mongers (or any
associated group).

Things which have been popular on the conference circuit recently have been
"The Perl Renaissance" (which covers a lot of the cool developments in Perl
over the last few years), "Build Your Own Exobrain" (which covers using the
Exobrain framework to write distributed agents to do your bidding; think a
FOSS version of IFTTT with Perl support), or a variety of neuro/psych
oriented talks ("All Your Brains Suck" and "Fear, Uncertainty and Dopamine",
both of which were keynotes at OSCON).

In case of uncertainly, pick Exobrain. It was *really* popular in Montreal
at ConFoo, and I really enjoy talking about it! :)

For those who haven't seen me speak before, I've got some of my talks up at:

	http://pjf.id.au/talks/

Keep being amazing!

	Paul

--