[Perth-pm] Perl Jobs in WA

Ben Vinnerd ben at vinnerd.com
Tue May 21 02:15:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

My family and I are looking to emmigrate to WA within the next couple of
years. I've been developing in Perl mainly for the past 13 years. I have a
few questions, if you could help out that would be amazing :)

There doesn't seem to be much demand for Perl in WA. Are all the jobs
hidden away somewhere? What are the best job websites? I check on
www.seek.com.au quite often, but when I search for "Perl" the results are
mainly C#/.Net jobs, with the odd PHP or Java job.

There seems to be some Perl jobs on the East coast. What are
employer's/client's attitudes towards WFH (working from home) within
Australia?

Is it worth learning another language? (I'm guessing so). Are there many
companies that would employ a Perl developer and train them up in another
language (given the number of years experience I have as a developer in
general).

Cheers,

Ben