[Perth-pm] Hello

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Wed Oct 24 18:31:17 PDT 2012

On 21/10/2012 11:51 AM, Mark Ellis wrote:
> I've just arrived in Perth and thought I'd give you guys a shout. I'm
> Mark, from England, and I'm a member of nwe.pm.
> I'm currently backpacking round Australia and like to get in touch
> with local perl mongers when I can. So I though I'd send an email and
> see how you guys are and if you having any meetings etc planned that I
> could tag along to! Or if you know of any perl jobs going in the area ;)

Hello mark, welcome to Perth!

(Sorry for delay, been in Singapore on work, just got back to review
'personal email')

We've been basically coinciding meetings for the last few months with
the rest of the tech groups in Perth - the Web developers, UX
Developers, Perth Linux Users Group (disclosure, I am pres of this), UX
Developers, Ruby Developers, etc. They all meet on the first Wednesday
of the month at a place called 'Space Cubed', on the rear of the Ground
Floor, 45 St Georges Tce, in the middle of the city, from around 5:45pm
onwards.

We were doing our own Perth.pm meetings every month, and then every
quarter, but we were only getting between 2 and 5 people turning up. We
should return to our own focus meeting when we have enough dedicated ppl
who turn up; but in the short term we catch up face-to-face at the above
meeting.

   James
(ex of London.pm 2003 - 2010)

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>