[Perth-pm] Joint Perth Tech Groups Meetup Wed 6th June, 5:45pm, 45 St Georges Tce

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu May 31 05:46:48 PDT 2012

Hello Perl Hackers!

Last week I attended a meeting of the people in charge of a number of
Perth "tech groups", such as Port 80 (Australian Web Industry
Association/AWIA), Perth Ruby Developers, UX Programmers, etc. These
groups have been struggling (as Perth.pm has), and are considering
holding joint events at a central location, with break-out rooms for
Special Interest Groups (SIGs, being each of the groups) to move into
for their own meetings.

Venue space has been donated by SpaceCubbed, a startup that has taken
over the old Reserve Bank vault (!) at 45 St Georges Tce (the little
Amcom building, over the road from the Amcom tower!). Is on the ground
floor, walk through reception, past the lifts towards the rear of the
building.

Much of the event will be a social networking and chatting, a small
section of notices, and then "free play", in effect. The first
"cross-tech-group meetup meeting" is scheduled for next week - Wednesday
6th June starting at 5:45pm. I have put this in the calendar for
Perth.pm (and for http://plug.org.au/). There's no charges, just come
and hang out and meet more tech people from the developer community
across Perth.

I don't know where this will go; it may replace our current schedule of
quarterly meetings.

So, all welcome, see you possibly on Wednesday evening!

  James
--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>