[Perth-pm] Perth-pm Digest, Vol 37, Issue 1

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed May 16 17:36:48 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 07:32 +0800, Leon Wright wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM, James Bromberger <james at rcpt.to> wrote:
> > Just looked at Salmat's listings: can't see any Perth based Perl roles now,
> > but the one that got my eye (!) was entitled:
> >
> > Casual Laser Operator
> >

> > Hmmm.... shame they mean laser printer... it could have been fun
> > otherwise... ;)
> >

> Operating lasers for a living, that could be fun! Wonder if their
> could be sharks involved?
>
> Most of our stuff is written in Perl here, all sysadmin automation
> stuff. I'm still in the very early stages of learning. The Perl Talk
> that Plug hosted was most enlightening!
>
> Leon

hmmm, topical - my youngest is doing a "swim  with the sharks" at Aqua
this avo.  Lasers might come in handy ... wonder if there are any Perls
(pearls) in the tank ....

Have worked with laser scanners in the past (reading lab on a chip type
microarrays) - interesting work.

Enough dreaming, work calls!
BillK