[Perth-pm] Q3 pub meet!

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Sun Oct 2 19:56:09 PDT 2011

Hello Perl Mongers!

I'm here in Perth this time round when the quarterly schedule comes up
for a meet up; its this Wednesday the in lieu of other recommendations,
I've selected the Universal Bar in Northbridge as Port 80 is supposed to
be having a meeting on the same night at this venue.

I was going to give an overview of my usage of AppConfig - a cool module
that wraps up using command line parameters and ini-style files for
configuration of scripts. If you've got a script and want total
flexibility on configuration, then this is possibly worth a look; but
you may have something better!

Also, just in case you haven't noticed, for those of you who are into
their Linux, PLUG is flying IPtables author and Linux guru Rusty Russell
to Perth next week for a talk; there's just still time to get a ticket
by emailing tickets at plug.org.au. Uni CS/IT Students are free (but still
need to et a ticket in advance). PLUG members are $20. Non-members and
tickets at the door are $50. PLUG membership is $20 full, $10 concession....

See you Wednesday evening.

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>