[Perth-pm] OSDC Perl BOF

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Tue Nov 16 17:10:54 PST 2010

On 17/11/10 12:02, Neil Hunt wrote:
> Hi Toby,
> I guess it's widely known out on the East Coast, but I can't say I was
> aware of an OSDC being held.  When it is?  Where is it being held?  I'll
> possibly be in Melbourne at the end of the month for a few days
> (depending on whether I can line up some clients to sort out), and would
> love to catch up with other Perlites while over there if indeed it is
> being held then.

Hi Neil,
This year the Open Source Developer's Conference is being held in
Melbourne, 23-26th of November.

There are some more details here, including the programme:
http://2010.osdc.com.au/

If you or other Perlmongers are ever dropping by Melbourne (at other
times), please feel free to mail the list, as I expect a few people
could pull together an emergency pub social or something.

Cheers,
Toby

> On 17 November 2010 08:20, Toby Corkindale
> <toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
> <mailto:toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>     I hope it's OK for me to cross-post this far and wide.
>
>     There has been some discussion between the Adelaide and Melbourne
>     perlmongers about having a Perl BoF meet during the OSDConference
>     next week, and I'd like to extend that to other Perl mongers.
>
>     The conference dinner is on Wednesday, and I gather some visitors
>     will be flying home straight after the conference on Friday, so at
>     this stage it looks like Thursday night is the night.
>
>     I wondered, would visitors to Melbourne be interested in sticking
>     close to the conference venue (eg. the "Boiler Bar") or striking out
>     further into Melbourne (perhaps Collingwood or Fitzroy, or the CBD)?
>
>     Cheers,
>     Toby
>

> --
> Neil Hunt