[Pdx-pm] Portland Perl Mongers updates (no meeting tomorrow)

VM Brasseur pdxpm at vmbrasseur.com
Mon Nov 14 15:10:36 PST 2016

> On Nov 10, 2016, at 12:10, VM Brasseur <pdxpm at vmbrasseur.com> wrote:
>
> I'm willing to take the baton of primary organizer starting in January, if folks will have me. However, y'all should read this before agreeing: http://anonymoushash.vmbrasseur.com/2014/07/15/san-francisco-perl-mongers-12-months-50-growth/
>
> If I do this, I'm likely to continue down the path I started with SF.pm: diverse topics (not just Perl, but things of interest to Perlers) and collaboration with other local groups. If people aren't comfortable with that then they should choose someone else.
>
> I'd also be needing assistance, if only in the form of boots on the ground. While I can do most of the organizing from anywhere, I can't let people into meetings if I'm not there. And we all know that my travel schedule can be…complicated.

Welp, if no one's going to object then I'll just assume I'll be picking up this ball starting in January.

Anthony (or Eric or Ben or Whoever), I'll need to sync up with you about all of the moving parts of this thing. Twitter account, github, website, mailing list, etc. A shame I couldn't have done it while I was in Seattle for SeaGL but I was surprisingly busy during that thing.

--V