[Pdx-pm] Open Source Bridge

Anthony Johnson aj at ohess.org
Tue Jun 17 09:57:46 PDT 2014

Hey y'all

One community announcement that I didn't get a chance to bring up last
meeting -- and it subsequently slipped my mind: Open Source Bridge[1] is
next week!

On top of that, the organizers just reminded us that we can select one
member of our group at random to receive a pass to OSB. If you'd like to
be included in the drawing for the ticket, please submit to us:

 - Your name
 - Your email
 - A 500 word essay* written with your non-dominate hand (penmanship
   will be judged!)

* Essay optional

Let me or Chad know before, say, Friday morning - email, tooter[2], or
IRC at us to be included.

For the non-winners that still want to go, here are some other options:

 1) If you want to go and haven't registered, use the discount code
    "osbugluv" when you register on their site[3] for $100 of the regular
    registration rate
 2) Volunteer your time and get admission to OSB
 2) Let's get together in the hacker lounge -- free to anyone that wants
    to go -- and code sprint with some other fine folks

I'd love to organize a sprint if others are interested, there will be
out of town recruits to hopefully collaborate with, and we've talked
about plenty of projects needing help recently. I'm open to input if you
have it!

Hope to see you there!
Anthony

1: http://opensourcebridge.org