[Pdx-pm] Let's play the blame game

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 18:17:21 PST 2013

# from Jonathan "Duke" Leto on Thursday 31 January 2013:
>Howdy folks,
>
>Would anybody like to chime in about who is actually to blame for this
>Github issue on Math::GSL ? :
>
>https://github.com/leto/math--gsl/issues/43
>
>This seems like the system Perl on Ubuntu 12.04 is not quite
>configured correctly, but please (please!) tell me I am wrong.

I had no problems building on mint 13 (ubuntu 12 upstream), though I had
to install pkg-config and libgsl0-dev.

"EXTERN.h no such file" should be solved by -I/usr/lib/perl/5.14/CORE

My ExtUtils::Embed does not have that -I.  Your report does.  Go figure.

CBuilder problem?  (Mine is 0.280203 + tested 0.280205)  Is libperl-dev
not installed?

BTW, `./Build clean` eats the lib dir (generated?) pm files.

xs/BLAS_wrap.c doesn't exist in 0.27.

--Eric