[Pdx-pm] how to be the October pdx.pm presenter

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:52:22 PDT 2012

Hi all,

The October meeting is just around the corner.  It would be good to get
a meeting topic solidified this week so attendees can plan ahead.

If you are the speaker, add a short summary here and then a description
of your talk to the appropriate page.

  http://pdx.pm.org/kwiki/?FutureMeetings

(Note: this process also works in November, December, and even 2013.)

If you're not sure about whether or not you are the speaker, please feel
free to ask the list, the irc channel (irc.perl.org/#pdx.pm), or me (or
really anybody) for input or advice.  If you would like to give a talk,
but just don't want to make slides, we have a solution for that too!

A summary of the topics of interest mentioned before the last meeting:

  * Packaging / Deployment
  * perl v5.16 + new and upcoming features
  * Moose / Mouse vs Moose / MOP
  * AnyEvent / AnyEvent vs POE
  * Structured Search (lucene, sphinx...)
  * Devel::Trepan

Please elaborate on the above topics, +1 something, or volunteer to take
one.  If you think you could only present 15-20 minutes or be part of a
panel, let's start that conversation.

Thanks,
Eric