[Pdx-pm] meeting next Thursday: h2xs not + Pod::Weaver

Seven til Seven enobacon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:46:20 PDT 2012

 Thu. September 13th, 6:53pm at at FreeGeek – 1731 SE 10th Ave.

speaker: Ian Dees + Joshua Keroes

+++++++
 Ian will cover what it's like for n00bs learning how to create a new
Perl module, including:

 * Where rookies look for "Getting Started" information
 * Which tools we can readily find for the job
 * What kinds of questions we have about namespaces

What Ian would like to do to help:

 * Listen to your answers
 * Format them into some kind of guide (or supplement an existing one)
 * Hand it to a Perl expert to post in the right place
 * Commit to checking in a couple of times a year to keep it current

You will be vastly enlightened, or horrified.

+++++++
Joshua will continue down the Dist::Zilla path of Automated
Enlightenment and speak on Pod::Weaver.

 In July, Duke Leto gave Portland an introduction to Dist::Zilla,
demonstrating how it can help write, package, test, and release your
modules; automating the boring stuff like figuring out prerequisites,
automatically inserting and updating $VERSION's, getting rid of all
those meta files and generating them automatically; all good ways to
focus on the important stuff: the code.

 This month, Joshua will show how Pod::Weaver can help automate the
boring parts of writing documentation so you can avoid getting bogged
down by boilerplate and focus on the important stuff there: the docs.

As usual, the meeting will be followed by social hour at the Lucky Lab
Brew Pub.  O/''\O