[Pdx-pm] Prime Number Generation in Perl -- December meeting in 2 weeks

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Thu Nov 29 18:37:07 PST 2012

# from Andrew Clapp on Thursday 29 November 2012:

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 04:39:50PM -0800, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
>   http://pdx.pm.org/kwiki/?December2012Meeting
>
> Dana included several links ^-- there.

Is this about itsy bitsy tiny int[32] primes, or big 4 kbit
primes, such as are used for cryptography, and are sieved
with probabilistic number-theoretic wizardry?  The examples
look like little numbers and simple tests.

But then, I'm an engineer, and as the punchline to the joke goes,
"1 is prime, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime ..."
Also, my private key is 17.

Keith