[Pdx-pm] VoteFair ranking, presentation followup (Math-based voting power for the 99% )

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Sun Mar 11 21:36:01 PDT 2012

I greatly enjoyed the election-method-reform discussions that arose
during my VoteFair ranking presentation, and afterward at the Lucky Lab.
  Thanks for the fun!

If anyone here (even if you didn't attend my presentation) has any
questions that arise after reading the documentation in the
Voting::VoteFairRanking module, please ask.

As I tried to emphasize in my presentation, election-method reform is
long overdue!

P.S. I don't know when I'll have time to create the movie that Eric told
you about, but I hope to do so eventually.

P.P.S. For anyone who didn't attend, I suggest looking at the Dashrep
language I created.  It powers lots of the VoteFair.org site and most of
the NegotiationTool.com site.  The Dashrep engine is on the CPAN
archives.  Overview, tutorial, interactive demo, etc. are at: Dashrep.org

P.P.P.S. Today I saw that the Occupy movement is trying to experiment
with better voting methods, and they don't seem to have lots of contact
with programmers, so that might be a symbiotically beneficial
collaboration to explore.

Richard Fobes