[Pdx-pm] encrypted PAUSE credentials for Dist::Zilla

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Fri Jul 13 13:14:55 PDT 2012

I completely forgot to mention this last night, but it sounded like
storing pause credentials in plaintext was considered suboptimal (funny
that). It's possible to use Dist::Zilla::Stash::PAUSE::Encrypted to read
your id/pw from an encrypted ~/.pause; it in turn uses
Config::Identity::PAUSE to handle gpg.

If you include it in your ~/.dzil/config.ini as:

   [%PAUSE::Encrypted / %PAUSE]

...then things Just Work (assuming your ~/.pause is properly set up).

Disclaimer: I wrote the thing; I'm not sure it's an optimal approach but
it has been working for me so far.

                     -Chris