[Pdx-pm] Fwd: SPUG: IIS on Windows 7 caching code differently than previous version

Amy K. Farrell akf at aracnet.com
Wed Apr 25 01:06:48 PDT 2012

On 04/25/2012 12:33 AM, Michael R. Wolf wrote:
> I originally posted this to SPUG but got no reply.  Since my buddy is in PDX land, perhaps any Perl-ish folks there may understand the IIS/Perl relationship enough to help.  It's much older technology than you bantered around last week at your meeting, but perhaps there's a crufty cubby hole that's got an answer to share.

[ ...]

> 3. What's the corresponding term in Apache to bootstrap an IIS search?

That would be mod_perl, or possibly FastCGI. FastCGI didn't get me
anywhere, but these search terms:

    mod_perl IIS "Windows 7"

... led me to this, which looks like a match to the problem and has a
plausible-sounding workaround:

  http://forums.iis.net/p/1188766/2019696.aspx

I have no idea whether mod_perl is actually involved in this case. The
post implies that there is such a thing for IIS.

Good luck!

 - Amy