[Pdx-pm] Job Postings.

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:30:51 PDT 2011

# from Tyler Hardison
# on Tuesday 21 June 2011 10:37:

>First of all, I'm not a slimy recruiter. I'm actually the hiring
> manager for a position that we'll soon be opening for a Perl
> Developer.
>I just wanted to check with the list that it would be OK to post here?

Hi Tyler,

Yes.  To reiterate our job posting policy:

Job posts are welcome from principals only.  You just need to be a part
of the hiring company (e.g. potential boss or co-worker), not a
3rd-party recruiter.  It is polite to tag the subject with "[Job]".

The job should be for work which will be done from the pdx area --
telecommute or local office/gig -- as long as you're not looking to
hire away our members.

All are welcome to post on jobs.perl.org.

Turns out the optimal technique is to put it in reverse and gun it.
--Steven Squyres (on challenges in interplanetary robot navigation)