[Pdx-pm] CentOS 5.x and Perl 5.10+

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Jul 5 18:21:40 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Roderick A. Anderson <
raanders at cyber-office.net> wrote:

> Any suggestions or ideas?

I tend to use a combo approach of those suggested:  I build a Perl rpm,
taking care that it doesn't conflict with the system perl (in terms of rpm
dependencies), and then manage app CPAN deps somehow else (usually
local::lib of some flavor, but I'm looking forward to taking a peek at
Carton).

This lets me easily distribute the same perl binary across multiple
machines, without ticking off the SA's because I've hosed their systems by
introducing bad dependency info :)

                                                  -Chris

--
Chris Weyl