[Pdx-pm] Moved my websites from kwiki to moinmoin

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Jan 25 19:23:20 PST 2011

Some months ago, I kvetched about kwiki.  It was suggested that
Ingy be strapped to a chair with his eyes taped open and forced
to write a converter to a supported wiki.

That seemed cruel, so I spent last weekend converting content
on my wikis (about 400 pages) to MoinMoin, mostly with a text
editor and bleeding fingers and eyeballs.

Kwiki, out of the box, used a GET response for the page name:

http://wiki.keithl.com/index.cgi?PageFoo

Moin, being 20% less evil, uses what sane humans would expect:

http://wiki.keithl.com/PageFoo

So I exercised my laughably non-existent mod_rewrite skills to
add a rule to the VirtualHost in apache httpd.conf:

   RewriteEngine on

   RewriteRule   ^/moin_static182/ -  [last]

+  RewriteRule   ^/?index.cgi                                   \
+     /home/www/dirvish/moin/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/%{QUERY_STRING}   \
+        [last,type=application/x-httpd-cgi]

   RewriteRule   ^/?(.*)                                        \
      /home/www/dirvish/moin/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/$1                \
         [last,type=application/x-httpd-cgi]

This seems to work.  Suggestions welcome.  Suggestions for
tormenting Ingy should be sent to less inhibited folk.

Keith