[Pdx-pm] [Job] Fwd: Perl/network engineer position

The Dread Parrot enobacon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:42:47 PST 2011

----------  Forwarded Message:  ----------
From: George Borden <gborden at logitech.com>

Locals can contact me directly via my email address.

Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation
 in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music,
 home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices.  The
 company's products combine essential core technologies, continuing
 innovation, award-winning industrial design and excellent value.
 Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SIX
 Swiss Exchange under the symbol LOGN and on the Nasdaq Global Select
 Market under the symbol LOGI.

This is a key contract/consultant position in the Audio Business Unit’s
cloud services team. Qualified candidates will be capable of:

- Creating strategies for product differentiation
- Designing plans to achieve service level agreements with the internal
 team - Designing Open Source strategies and make recommendations
- Authoring state of the art code for providing world class server
 based experiences to our customers
- Defining architecture approaches and present those

The following are required:
Expert in Perl development on Mac/Linux
Object-oriented Perl
AnyEvent/EV/POE-style asynchronous development
TCP servers/clients
Extensived and deep understanding of Open Source - Closed Source
 development approaches and strategies
C/C++

The following are highly desired:
Catalyst
XS development
Have released module(s) on CPAN
Win32
Linux Embedded development, especially ARM
Lua
svk
git
Experience working with audio, video, or image formats
autoconf/automake/libtool
poky build environment
Have provided patch(es) to open source projects
UPnP/DLNA

--
George Rome Borden IV
Sr. Eng. Mgr. Audio and Squeezebox