[Pdx-pm] [Job] Fwd: Perl/network engineer position

The Dread Parrot enobacon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:42:47 PST 2011

----------  Forwarded Message:  ----------
From: George Borden <gborden at logitech.com>

Locals can contact me directly via my email address.

Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation
 in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music,
 home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices.  The
 company's products combine essential core technologies, continuing
 innovation, award-winning industrial design and excellent value.
 Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SIX
 Swiss Exchange under the symbol LOGN and on the Nasdaq Global Select
 Market under the symbol LOGI.

This is a key contract/consultant position in the Audio Business Unit’s
cloud services team. Qualified candidates will be capable of:

- Creating strategies for product differentiation
- Designing plans to achieve service level agreements with the internal
 team - Designing Open Source strategies and make recommendations
- Authoring state of the art code for providing world class server
 based experiences to our customers
- Defining architecture approaches and present those

The following are required:
Expert in Perl development on Mac/Linux
Object-oriented Perl
AnyEvent/EV/POE-style asynchronous development
TCP servers/clients
Extensived and deep understanding of Open Source - Closed Source
 development approaches and strategies

The following are highly desired:
XS development
Have released module(s) on CPAN
Linux Embedded development, especially ARM
Experience working with audio, video, or image formats
poky build environment
Have provided patch(es) to open source projects

George Rome Borden IV
Sr. Eng. Mgr. Audio and Squeezebox
Logitech, Inc
4700 NW Camas Meadows Dr.