[Pdx-pm] Splendid Jobs in Detroit

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Feb 8 16:32:41 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 02:23:28PM -0800, Michael wrote:
> At least in Detroit the cost of housing
> is as low as it can possibly get in the USA.

And with the money saved, you can join a Detroit emergency
ward's Frequent Bullet Removal Club :-/

Some years ago, nearby Pontiac sold the 462K sq ft Silverdome
sports stadium for $583,000.  I had visions of buying it and
using it as a home, like Brewster McCloud.

Perhaps Global Crossing can buy it, and put condos inside.
Everybody can work at home and pretend they are not in
Detroit.  Perl coders at one end, Python coders at the other.
If they dig a tunnel to Canada, they can even pretend they
are not in the US.

Keith

P.S.  The lowest cost housing I've seen is in Okmulgee, Oklahoma.
3000 square foot homes for $1000.  Much cheaper per square foot
than the Silverdome.  The nearest work is Tulsa.  The same is
true for most of the people in Detroit.  The nearest place you
would want to visit is Austin TX.  Which brings us full circle.