[Pdx-pm] 2010 shirt

Joshua Keroes joshua at keroes.com
Tue Jun 15 11:14:36 PDT 2010

I love the idea. Personally, I'd move the text elsewhere - I think the text
on the logo makes for an overly busy design.

We could simplify it thus:

Keep the Superman logo with the $_ on the front - that's great.

Delete all the text from that logo.

Just below the neck on the back of the shirt, write "pdx.pm" in 1.25" -
1.5" tall letters. Test; see what looks good.

The word "Portland" is superfluous, that's covered by "pdx". The word "Perl
Mongers" is superfluous too because geeks already know about $_. If they
don't, they'll ask questions, which will start conversations, and that's a
good thing. Not everything needs to be explained. The little bit of mystery
here ("What's pdx.pm?") is a good thing that you *want* people to ask.

-Joshua