[Pdx-pm] meeting next week: Rakudo Perl 6 "Feet Wettening"

Tom Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Sat Jul 10 15:55:50 PDT 2010

Greetings.
I'm having trouble installing rakudo/perl6.
Here's what I get with
$ perl Configure.pl<http://Configure.pl> --gen-parrot
Generating Parrot ...
perl build/gen_parrot.pl --prefix=/Users/kellert/Documents/Programming/rakudo/parrot_install --optimize

Checking out Parrot r48026 via svn...
Checked out revision 48026.

Configuring Parrot ...
perl Configure.pl<http://Configure.pl> --prefix=/Users/kellert/Documents/Programming/rakudo/parrot_install --optimize
Can't locate object method "register_handler" via package "TAP::Parser::IteratorFactory" at /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0/TAP/Parser/SourceHandler/Executable.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0/TAP/Parser/SourceHandler/Perl.pm line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0/TAP/Parser/SourceHandler/Perl.pm line 10.
Compilation failed in require at /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0/Test/Harness.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0/Test/Harness.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require at lib/Parrot/Configure/Options/Test.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/Parrot/Configure/Options/Test.pm line 7.
Compilation failed in require at Configure.pl<http://Configure.pl> line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Configure.pl<http://Configure.pl> line 13.
Command failed (status 65280): perl Configure.pl<http://Configure.pl> --prefix=/Users/kellert/Documents/Programming/rakudo/parrot_install --optimize
===SORRY!===
Unable to locate parrot_config

I'm running perl v5.10.0 built for darwin-thread-multi-2level

thanks for any suggestions.

Tom
kellert at ohsu.edu<mailto:kellert at ohsu.edu>
503-494-2442