[Pdx-pm] OT: Looking for a good Windows Admin support group or web site

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 22:03:44 PST 2010

# from Jonathan Leto
# on Friday 29 January 2010 20:15:

>You should unsubscribe and ask somewhere else.

Well.  Now that's uncalledfor.  Especially from a top-poster.  ;-)

>2010/1/29 Kris Bosland <kris at bosland.com>:
>> Sorry this is offtopic, but are there any good windows support
>> groups in the area, or would people recommend a particular online
>> community?  I would like to start doing more administration of the
>> windows machines my family uses and I am looking for resources.

You may well need a support group if you're going to admin a lot of
family machines with windows.  Nothing jumps out at me, but you might
want to peruse calagator:

My family runs Linux and yours probably could too.  Maybe visit the PLUG
clinic on the third Sunday at Free Geek.

But it is indeed off-topic Kris, unless you're thinking of giving a talk
on automating windows administration with Perl, which would be quite
interesting.  But it's not like we're suffering from excessive chatter
at the moment.

"But as to modern architecture, let us drop it and let us take
modernistic out and shoot it at sunrise."
--F.L. Wright