[Pdx-pm] Parrot 1.0

Allison Randal allison at perl.org
Thu Mar 19 12:29:15 PDT 2009

Peter Scott wrote:

> That's great!  I'm trying to figure out from the announcement why this
> release gets the landmark number 1.0.0.  I was expecting to find
> something that stood out in that respect and I saw a lot of cool stuff
> but nothing in particular.  Is it a critical mass sort of thing?

That's the "internal" release message, which only lists development in
the past month (which was mainly cleanups and packaging details, as you
would expect from the month before a big release). The "external" press
release gives more details on why this is 1.0:

   http://www.parrot.org/news/parrot-1.0

Allison