[Pdx-pm] Test::Builder 2 - March meeting tonight

Seven till Seven enobacon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 00:02:12 PDT 2009

  Wed. March 11th, 6:53pm at FreeGeek -- 1731 SE 10th Ave.

topic:   Test::Builder 2
speaker: Michael Schwern

Test::Builder underpins 80% of the tests on CPAN. Its limitations become
everyone's limitations. It's done a very good job adapting the last
seven years, and testing has become more sophisticated in that time,
but age and backwards compatibility holds things back. There are a
number of desired features which Test::Builder cannot support, such as
end-of-test actions, without radically altering how tests are built.

thus: Test::Builder2.

This will be "something of a talk" followed by some hacking both on
Test::Builder2 directly and writing new test modules. It'll give folks
an opportunity to work both with Moose (well, Mouse) and git. Pair
programming will make life easier, we can pair of experienced folks
with inexperienced. Or just huddle together for strength in numbers. I
find it easier to pair when each person has their own keyboard, so I'm
going to bring along a few spare keyboards and mice. I encourage others
to do the same.

 As always, the meeting will be followed by social hour at the LuckyLab.

--

        http://pdx.pm.org