[Pdx-pm] help with SOAP??

John Springer techsubs at dpo.org
Tue Mar 3 16:37:50 PST 2009

I need to access some remote services via SOAP.  I've never used it
before.
(But I've been in the same room with Dave Winer a couple of times, if
that counts for anything.)
I have some documentation that shows what my queries and responses
should
look like, but I'm not sure how to translate that into SOAP::Lite
statements.

Could anyone give me some help with this?

Query Example:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:v3="http://thevan.us/Services/V3/"
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
       <soapenv:Header>
             <v3:Header>
                   <v3:APIKey>123456789</v3:APIKey>
                   <v3:DatabaseMode>MyVoterFile</v3:DatabaseMode>
             </v3:Header>
       </soapenv:Header>
       <soapenv:Body>

	<v3:GetSavedList>
                   <v3:SavedListID>500328</v3:SavedListID>
                   <v3:options>
                         <v3:ReturnSections>Folder,Data,User</
v3:ReturnSections>
                   </v3:options>
             </v3:GetSavedList>
       </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The APIKey is like a password.
There is a WSDL page for the services, but i'm not sure how that fits
into the sample code above.

   John Springer
   Tech Dude
   Democratic Party of Oregon