[Pdx-pm] Is the ExtUtils::Installed in Perl 5.10 broken?

Igal Koshevoy igal at pragmaticraft.com
Wed Jun 24 09:09:30 PDT 2009

I need to be able to query an installed CPAN package and find out what
files it contains. I had code that worked fine with Perl 5.8, but it
doesn't work with 5.10. Any ideas? Is there another way that I should be
doing this?

>From http://gist.github.com/135351

    # From shell, install a silly package:
    cpan Acme::please
    # From Perl, get the lists of file in this package:
    use Acme::please; # Silly way to check that package is installed
    use Data::Dumper;
    require ExtUtils::Installed;
    $packlists = ExtUtils::Installed->new;
    p Dumper([$packlists->files('Acme::please')]);
    # Perl 5.8 returns an array:
    $VAR1 = [
    # Perl 5.10 raises an exception at the `$packlists->files` call:
    Acme::please is not installed