[Pdx-pm] Need to Change Mailing Lists

John Sechrest sechrest at peak.org
Thu Jun 11 14:56:33 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Ingy dot Net <ingy at ingy.net> wrote:

>  On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 2:43 PM, John Sechrest <sechrest at peak.org> wrote:
>
>> What are thing things that are not working for you with google groups?
>>

> I'm currently letting google apps handle the mail for testml.org and have
> a group set up called discuss at testml.org.
>
> I can't figure out how if/where the public signup page for the group/list
> is.

http://googlegroups.com/group/listname

Is that what you mean?

>>  What are the features that you need?
>>

> I just want a url where people can go and subscribe/unsubscribe. Something
> like MailMan.

google groups does this. But so does mail man and several other list
managers.

>>  How much setup work are you willing to do?
>>

> As long as I'm not hosting a mail server, I don't really care. Mail servers
> are hateful suckers of one's soul.

Yes, they are. Full time work and then some if you want to do it right.

I am still not understanding what you can't get out of google groups...

--
John Sechrest          .
Corvallis Benton        .
             (541) 757-1507              . sechrest at corvallisedp.com