[Pdx-pm] Rakudo Shootout Fail

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin at scaldeferri.com
Thu Jun 11 11:03:36 PDT 2009

In general, the usual approach to writing a shootout entry is simply
to port an existing entry to the new language.  To a large extent,
that's all the rules allow, as entries are supposed to do the task "in
the same way".  You're generally not allowed to develop a new
algorithm or anything like that.  So, I'd suggest that people treat it
like any other Perl 5 -> Perl 6 porting task.  Once initial Perl 6
entries exist, then work on optimizing or making them more Perl6-ish.

-kevin