[Pdx-pm] Thanks for help with Language::Dashrep CPAN module

Richard Fobes outgoing at SolutionsCreative.com
Tue Jul 21 13:02:46 PDT 2009

> From: Jonathan Leto <jaleto at gmail.com>

> Have you considered porting this to run on the Parrot Virtual Machine?
> It might be a fun project for the interested reader :)

Currently I'm looking for project work, so if someone wants to pay me to
port the Dashrep code to any platform, including Parrot
assembly-language code running on the Parrot virtual machine, I would
love to do that.  Of course the platform must support regular-expression
matching and replacing.

To facilitate porting the Dashrep code to C, I intentionally wrote the
code in a subset of Perl that is close to C, except for the handling of
strings and regular expressions and hash arrays, all of which can be
converted into calls to C library functions.

For perspective, my specialty is creating what is new and has value.
Currently I'm juggling several such non-paid creative projects.  For
examples of past creative projects, see www.NegotiationTool.com and
www.VoteFair.org. The Dashrep language is a byproduct of those two
projects.  It saved lots of programming time -- although possibly not if
I count the time I spent creating the language.  And I'm ignoring the
time I wasted in an attempt to add executable functionality to the
language.

Richard Fobes
Author of "The Creative Problem Solver's Toolbox"