[Pdx-pm] Thanks for help with Language::Dashrep CPAN module

Richard Fobes outgoing at SolutionsCreative.com
Mon Jul 20 21:17:44 PDT 2009

I want to thank those of you who helped me a few months ago when I was
creating my first CPAN module.  I especially want to publicly thank Eric
Wilhelm for his help verbally answering my questions.  Thank you!

The CPAN module I created is Language::Dashrep. It implements the
Dashrep descriptive programming language, which I developed over a
number of years.  It has saved me lots of programming time, and I hope
it can save time for other programmers.

Details about the language are at: www.Dashrep.org

In terms of functionality, the module recursively expands hyphenated
phrases, somewhat in a macro-like way.

One interesting characteristic is that it uses just one symbol -- the
dash (aka hyphen) -- in it's basic syntax.  (A couple of other symbols
become significant in some circumstances that also involve dashes.)
This characteristic makes it useful for flexibly generating code in
other languages, including XML, HTML, and JavaScript.

Again, thanks to those of you on this mailing list who helped out!

Richard Fobes
Author of "The Creative Problem Solver's Toolbox"
www.Fovationz.com