[Pdx-pm] CPAN and Core Q&A - meeting tonight
Seven till Seven
enobacon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 11:08:39 PDT 2009
Wed July 8th, 6:53pm at FreeGeek -- 1731 SE 10th Ave.
speaker: anyone and everyone
* configuring your CPAN/CPANPLUS client
* what makes a module
* what happens when you install a module (where does stuff go?)
* what happens when you load a module
* how to make a distribution
* how distributions get on the CPAN (PAUSE)
* how distributions get found by the CPAN client
* what a distribution contains, metadata
* understanding core/vendor/site @INC directories
HDP will talk a bit about CPAN infrastructure. Jonathan and other
attendees from last week's code sprint will share some of what they
learned about hacking the perl 5 core.
Bring your own questions (and maybe some answers.) Anyone who shows up
gets to ask questions and everyone else has to try to answer them.
Tom has volunteered to bring a projector.
Plus: Rakudo shootout|euler challenge – benchmarking Perl 6. If anyone
solves a problem from the http://projecteuler.net/ or
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/ using perl 6, we'll review that at
the beginning of the meeting. If you choose an euler problem, a perl 5
implementation would be useful for benchmarking, but the goal is to
write in perl 6 and run it on the latest rakudo.
As always, the meeting will be followed by social hour at the LuckyLab.
More information about the Pdx-pm-list