[Pdx-pm] Suggested Perl Best *Operating* Practices?

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed Sep 10 16:34:01 PDT 2008

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> I suspect that the book I really want will be titled something like
> "Administering Perl".  This imaginary book will include details like
> security maintenance of multiple Perls,  backing out of bad modules,
> finding the best stuff on CPAN, local modification best practices,
> etc.  It would be a fat book full of contradictory advice, because,
> after all, TIMTOWTDI.  Or it might suggest which technique to use
> in which circumstance, and the level of Perl expertise (available
> at popular prices, consult your local pm.org) needed to accomplish
> various sizes of task.

I can't read imaginary books, so I've started a wiki page on the topic and
written down some what I've learned from experience.
http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?perl_best_admin_practices

--
54. "Napalm sticks to kids" is *not* a motivational phrase.
    -- The 213 Things Skippy Is No Longer Allowed To Do In The U.S. Army