[Pdx-pm] Sitter for Cisco Syslogs -- Meeting in 2 weeks

Seven till Seven scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:34:09 PDT 2008

 Wed. November 12th, 6:53pm at FreeGeek -- 1731 SE 10th Ave.

 Speaker: Gabrielle Roth
 Topic: A Sitter for Cisco Syslogs

Syslog is a handy troubleshooting tool, but only if you actually read
what's logged. I wrote a Cisco syslog parser & reporter as part of our
network fault-management system. We'll go over:

  * network management basics
  * why we needed this specific tool
  * why I created my own tool from scratch
     (instead of using an off-the-shelf solution)
  * how I did it & what the results were, and
  * what I'm going to do next.

You don't need to be a Cisco engineer or even know much Perl to get
something out of this talk.

As always, the meeting will be followed by social hour at the Lucky Lab.