[Pdx-pm] Perl job opening in downtown Portland

Seamus Campbell conform-perl at deadgeek.com
Mon May 5 16:07:39 PDT 2008

The company I work for is hiring for a junior-to-midlevel Perl dev.
We are looking for a full-time, permanent hire available to start
soon.  We're a mod_perl/DBIx::Class shop.  Lots of flexibility in job
scope/responsibility.

Requirements:
* Demonstrable ability to write clear, maintainable code
* Solid CS fundamentals
* Understanding of relational database concepts
* Experience in one or more modern scripting languages (Perl, Python,
Ruby) and good experience in at least one major language
* Comfort working in a mixed-OS environment including UNIX variants
* Willingness to perform ongoing self-evaluation and guided code
review

Ideal candidates will have some of the following skills (but we're
happy to talk to anyone, really):
* Search engine and paid search market experience
* Work history with modern ORM packages (Rails, DBIx::Class,
SQLObject, etc)
* Strong MySQL development or administrative experience
* Extensive CSS / javascript experience
* Strong experience in automated test methodologies and QA
* SOAP / Web Services experience

Send resumes/inquiries to this email address, please.

Cheers,

Seamus Campbell