[Pdx-pm] speakers needed for PLUG

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jun 26 09:26:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 00:54 -0700, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If anybody has a talk suitable for a general Linux/Unix user group, PLUG
> is looking for a speaker for the meeting next Thursday (July 3rd.)
>
> Even if you don't have a talk but would like to throw something
> together.  Bonus points if it has anything to do with Perl.  Maybe "I
> spoke to a group of Linux/Unix users about how to use Perl for X" would
> win you that ticket to OSCON?  The audience varies to suit the topic,
> so anything from "stupid admin tricks" to "nifty desktop applications"
> is probably fair game.
>
> If you're interested, please contact me off-list.

If you think your talk is a bit too complex for the average user,
Advanced Topics is looking for speakers for August and beyond.  (We have
a speaker for July.  He might even show up.)

One talk I would like to see for Advanced Topics would be on writing XS
modules.

Contact me off list if you are interested in speaking at Advanced
Topics.  The meetings are the third Wednesday of the month at 7pm at Jax
downtown.