[Pdx-pm] Help with Postfix??

David E. Wheeler david at kineticode.com
Mon Jul 21 21:56:55 PDT 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 16:59, Johnny Raindrop wrote:

> I have spent about 20 hours so far trying unsucessfully to turn on
> SMTP sasl authentication on a Ubuntu/Postfix installation.
> Would anyone out there be willing to give me some help?
>
> I can offer you a new President at least :-)
> I think I could scrape up some donated campaign dollars if that's
> not enough.
> I really need this badly.

I recently did this, and built capistrano scripts to automate building
and updating my mail server. See here:

   https://svn.kineticode.com/cap/capfile

Look at the build:postfix:default task, which depends on the
build:sasl::default and build::authdaemon::default tasks. The ::config
tasks under each of those name spaces use config files in

   https://svn.kineticode.com/cap/conf/

HTH,

David