[Pdx-pm] Off screen comedy

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Thu Jan 10 16:35:38 PST 2008

At the Lab, Eric was telling us about some reply-only comedy email thread
about horses and co-workers, I dunno, point was the comedy was all off screen
and it reminded me of a couple others there.  Here's the stuff I mentioned.

The 213 Things Skippy Is No Longer Allowed To Do In The US Army

  7.  Not allowed to add “In accordance with the prophesy” to the
      end of answers I give to a question an officer asks me.

  33. Not allowed to chew gum at formation, unless I brought enough
      for everybody.

  34. (Next day) Not allowed to chew gum at formation even if I *did*
      bring enough for everybody.

Bob Newhart's famous telephone jokes.

E: "Would you want to maintain a 5000 line Perl program?"
d: "Why would you write a 5000 line program?"