[Pdx-pm] Unwind module dependencies

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Feb 1 12:28:39 PST 2008

Is there another method besides CPAN::Unwind to determine what
prerequisite modules are needed to install a module?

I am building a Catalyst server install on a CentOS 5 system; actually a
CentOS 5 guest of a CentOS 5 Linux-Vserver host.  Since rpmforge and the
CentOS repositors have many perl-* modules already built as RPMs I'd
like to install them first before doing the rest of the cat-install.

The install of CPAN::Unwind is failing.  Haven't figured out why despite
following the instructions.  8-|

I'm getting error(s) during 'Running make test' with what looks like the
important one being.

  No files found for tar.tgz at
/root/.cpan/build/CPAN-Unwind-0.05-ydzMe9/blib/lib/CPAN/Unwind.pm line 211

Running:
	reports MSCHILLI/CPAN-Unwind-0.05.tar.gz

gives results that mostly agree with the last cpamtesters report.

Any suggestions?  Both quick way to get the module dependencies and/or
fix CPAN::Unwind?

Thanks,
Rod