[Pdx-pm] io prompt question

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 17:17:28 PST 2008

Aside:  did you mean to reply to the list?

# from Thomas Keller
# on Thursday 18 December 2008 16:36:

>I mixed up where the warning was coming from. It was actually from a
>poor approach to assignment:
>
>my $parser_options = prompt("Accept parser default values: ", -yn)

> IO::Prompt returns true if "y" is typed, but the assignment:
> $parser_option = "y" doesn't get made.

It seems to return 'y' for me.  Does your IO::Prompt need upgrading?

--Eric
--
Atavism  n:  The recurrence of any peculiarity or disease of an ancestor
in a subsequent generation, usually due to genetic recombination.