[Pdx-pm] Reminder: Coders' Social tomorrow evening!

gabrielle gorthx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 12:33:13 PST 2008

Date: Tuesday, 9 December
Time: 7pm - 10pm
Place: Cubespace (http://cubespacepdx.com/)

http://calagator.org/events/1250456151

Last December, many of the local software developer User Groups banded
together and had a party (instead of the regular meetings). It was
known as the Winter Coders Social.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/pdxcoderssocial/?page=3
In August, we had a Summer Coder's Social as the outdoor and sunny successor!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/pdxcoderssocial/

Now, we're having a second Winter Coders' Social. Good and geeky times
will be had by all. Come join us.

Bring yourself, games if you have them, and a dish to share.

Food:
Some beverages will be provided.
Potluck signup: http://tinyurl.com/coders-social-potluck-form
Current potluck list: http://tinyurl.com/coders-social-potluck-list

Fun:
We'll be playing games, like last year, so bring 'em!

There will be a programming competition! Any language welcome, no
particular toolkits or api skills necessary. These'll be problems that
just require thought. If enough of you are interested and bring a
language that you're only vaguely familiar with, we'll have a separate
league for language newbies. Prizes? Bragging rights! Plus a surprise
or two.

Hope to see you there!

gabrielle

P.S.: We will need a cleanup crew immediately following the party; if
you don't have to split right away, we'd appreciate your help. :)