[Pdx-pm] s/Dec. meeting/coders' social/

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:00:29 PST 2008

Howdy,

I would like to have a regularly scheduled PDX.pm meeting this month
and I am willing to give a talk as punishment for missing the last
one. I will tentatively call it "Getting Involved with Rakudo (A
Flavor of Perl 6)". I would like to gear it more towards a "hack
session" where there is a small "briefing" at the beginning of the
meeting (like 5 minutes) then people start hacking away, working on
what they want to. This is  a good time for people to put some ideas
on the wiki of what they want to learn about Rakudo or what they want
to hack on.

The end of the meeting will be a short wrap-up where people voice
there experience on working on Rakudo (what needs to be made easier?
what rocks? what sucks? what do you want to work on next time?).

I personally would like to use Rakudo in production as soon as
possible, so why not hack on it now and help it out the door?

Cheers,