[Pdx-pm] Odd Test Failures

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Thu Aug 14 11:00:38 PDT 2008

At 01:37 AM 8/14/2008, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> >Not an ARRAY reference at
> > /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0/Attribute/Handlers.pm line 185.
> >I have no clue what is touching Attribute::Handlers, I do not use it
> >directly.
>If it is not repeatable every time, I would make a copy of
>Attribute/Handlers.pm and add a croak() at 185 (to replace perl's deref
>error message.)

I'm a fan of the debugger, and would run the program with a conditional

$ perl -MAttribute::Handlers -de 0

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

221:                    $global_phase++;
   DB<1> l
185:            my ($pkg, $ref, $attr, $data, $raw, $handlerphase,
$filename, $linenum) = @$declaration;
   DB<2> b 185 ref($declaration) ne 'ARRAY'

and when it broke there I would inspect the stack and maybe see if I
could intuit a value for $declaration that ought to be correct so I
could override it and keep going.
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies