Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:32:33 PST 2007

# from Michael R. Wolf
# on Wednesday 14 November 2007 07:38:

> ... "Cannot create /root/.cpan". ...
>The problem magically went away when I installed a new Bundle::CPAN.

I think that has to do with a global CPAN/MyConfig.pm and perhaps
depends on your @INC order.

IIRC, you have to upgrade to a fairly recent CPAN.pm anyway to get the
inner sudo support.  Previously, make_install_make_command and
mbuild_install_build_command were not configurable.

Also see:

[...proprietary software is better than gpl because...] "There is value
in having somebody you can write checks to, and they fix bugs."
--Mike McNamara (president of a commercial software company)